We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

Belfast, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

Hi Thinking about going on day trip with kids to lap land to see santa dec 2013 - flying from Belfast - looking expensive and wondered if there is a good value for money operator or if anyone had been and could tell me is the experience worth the money? Thanks for any advice

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
7 replies to this topic
Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

General feeling is they are very expensive for a very short time in Lapland. You can generally get a 2/3/4 night trip for only a few hundred pounds more. Day trip about £1600-£1800 for 4 people yet you can get a 3 night Santa trip in Dec for about £2200 upwards.

3.5 hours flight each way = 7 hours, transfers at least another hour, checkin-another hour or 2,you may only get 5 or so hours in the resort. That's not factoring in any delays. Lot of money to pay for 4-5 hours somewhere

we're going with thomsons in Dec for 4 nights in 2 bed apartment with sauna for £600 more than a day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Lapland
Lapland
Finland
Belfast, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

Thank you - that advice is really useful and certainly something to consider - do you have a link for what you booked so that I can have a look?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
332 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

We booked a day trip the first ever time we thought of going to Lapland, and quickly changed our booking when we got back from the travel agents, and so glad we did, because for just a bit more money we got a 3 night stay, still expensive compared to longer trips with more value, but FAR more value than a day trip.

You have got to at least experience a few nights there. You will be pleased you did.

Mentioned in this post
Lapland
Lapland
Finland
Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

cosmos, thompsons, espirit etc all do the shorter breaks

you will find that most of us here will try to deter you going on a day trip, they are just a killer and if your flights are delayed then it really screws up your whole day

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

of course, we booked with thomsons to saariselka after lots of research and TA advice of course :)

Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

www.thomson.co.uk

don't think they fly from belfast though,we're going from MCR

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast

Furthermore, I just noticed that you've posted this in the Enontekiö forum. If I were you, I'd choose a different resort (to start with I would not even call Enontekiö a resort, it's name of a very large municipality in Lapland (surface area 8464 km²)). E.g. places called Hetta, Kilpisjärvi and Kaaresuvanto are located in Enontekiö area, non of which are really popular tourist resorts by Finnish standards, they are merely tiny villages with limited services.

Mentioned in this post
Lapland
Lapland
Finland
Reply to: Lapland Day Trips from Belfast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Enontekio
Recent Conversations