We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Providence Point Cottage and Apartments?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Providence Point Cottage and Apartments?

I found a villa rental at http://www.water-island.com/

However, when trying to search more on this place with more pictures and reviews, I could come up with nothing.

And they don't take credit cards.... so I'm a little skeptical. Any info on this place would be awesome!!!

2 replies to this topic
C D
South Lyon, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Providence Point Cottage and Apartments?

Your skepticism is warranted.

I am not one to post comments on any level about where I choose to spend my time or money but after a horrendous experience at Providence Point and dealing with a confrontational, swindling proprietor I feel it only right that I prevent others from the nightmare my wife and I endured at this establishment.

The pictures online are not up-to-date and the level of filth on everything from the floors to the furniture to the fixtures is absolutely appalling. The proprietor will warn you that there might be "dust" due to the location of the property but this is well beyond dust.

The pool was nice but if you do not eat, cook and sleep in a pool you will not find this establishment desirable. We moved out mid vacation.

Camden, Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Providence Point Cottage and Apartments?

Stay away from Providence Point! Trust me. Go else where.

Edited: 09 September 2015, 21:24
Reply to: Providence Point Cottage and Apartments?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Water Island