We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Wales
14 posts
Save Topic
First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Hi

Time is almost up...and sooooo excited! Taking my 8year old to Rovaniemi for 3nights with First Choice holidays December 9th.

Is there any sign of snow over there yet???? Would love to hear from anyone who has previously been with First Choice and who could offer some good practical advice.

Staying at the Sokos Vaakuna hotel

Cheers

Nadia

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

hi nadia - yes there is snow there, check out the webcams at

http://www.rovaniemi.fi/?deptid=18155

how exciting, please tell us what it was like when you get back

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Hi, also going on dec 9th from manchester,staying at santa claus hotel.

Wales
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Are you going with First Choice??? Have you booked any safaris yourself????

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Hi,yes we are going with first choice,no we havent booked any safaris,waiting until we get there.

hampshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Hi Nadia,

My hubby and I just got back and i can assure you that there is snow there, so you will not be disapointed. We lost our luggage via helsinki there and en route back.But you should be ok with first choice. Make sure you do take some thermals in your hand luggage etc though.

We booked the trips with arctic safari before we got there, because it saved time. I would not recommend you to book up the trip to see santa, you can go yourself on the number 8 bus which is in town and it runs every hour and it cost 8 euros return. It is free to get in and to see Santa, however they charge around 23 euros for a photo, or 30 euros for five small ones. Children dont get a gift

You can go at your own lesiure and return when you want. I would recommend the husky trip. it was amazing. You can combine this with the reindeer farm.

We really enjoyed the Tex ( pitza restaurant in town, it is a buffet restaurant similar to pitza hut and its good value for money. Macdonalds was really dirty when we went and its quite expensive. I think the best value for money is subway, its fresh food. You can sit in the restaurant. One large sandwich toasted etc is around 8euros, this can be shared.

Have a wonderful trip

Best wishes

Tracey

cardiff
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Hi

Got back from a 3 night stay in Rovaniemi last night. Went with First Choice and it was just AMAZING. There's plenty of snow, the city is fantastic and the First Choice elves and reps were great.

It was by far the best holiday I have had with the children. Going to start saving now for next year!

Undy
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Was just wondering if those who havejust got back from the First Choice 3 or 4 day trips could post a quick itinary, eg howlong do the "taster" sessions last, how much free time is there (deciding which extras to add)? etc -it would be really helpfung our 4 night trip starting on 19th. thanks

Taggie
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Yes an itinerary would be great, we are going with First Choice on 23rd staying at the Santa Claus Hotel for 3 nights and would love to know how long the tasters last, can you book a search for Santa when there? and if so roughly how much, or was the experience of seeing Santa at the hotel or Santa Claus village

Thank you

lapland
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

hey guys,

im one of the first choice reps here in rvm so look forward to seeing you all at a'port.....

basically when you arrive it will be a case of getting your clothing sorted and then straight on to the welcome meetin, we do it straight away as we have limited spaces in such a short space that we make sure that everyone has the meeting together in order to ensure that the spaces are given fairly that want to book rather than waiting. Once this is done you'll be taken to your hotels they are all very close to Onella where you have wgt and then you have the rest of the day to chill out and explore after a long day of travelling!!

The next day you have at 10 am start your taster sessions, this vary dependant on where you go, some of the hotels come here to mine which is the winter wonderland and basically we have huskies, snowmobiles, bumboards, reindeers, and mini skidoos that the elves drive the little un's on a circuit, you can go on as many times as you want and this is generally a 5 minute free glimpse at what you get. this finishes around 12-2 o clock depending when your lunch is as this is included in the tasters, then from 2 onwards the time is yours to do whatever.

Day 3 in the morning around 9-9.30 we go to santa park for just over an hour and then onto santa claus village for just under 2 !! this is where santas main post office is so if you wanna send your letters of santas letter home to the kids you can do this also the arctic circle so you can cross that and have a few photos!! this finishes around 2 pm again and the rest of the afternoon is yours again until obviously 7-7.30pm which is the gala dinner, we have a waiter service meal venues vary with food so dont want to say what meal will be for you and then santa visits sees each adult and child and you all get a pressie, again what tell you what it is as it will ruin the surpirse then as santa leaves on reindeer sleigh we have fireworks !!

in between those times you have the freetime to do whatever you want whether it be the optionals or explore the city!!

hope this helps....

lou

Taggie
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First Choice Rovaniemi Dec 9th

Thanks ever so for that information, that is a real help in knowing time-scales and what happens.

We are staying at the Santa Claus Hotel, so will we be coming to you or going somewhere else?