We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lapland Luosto in October

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lapland Luosto in October

Hi, I am going with a friend to Luosto on 16th October,I know its out of season and theres not much going on in October but there are reasons for us going in october and we are hopeing to see Northern Lights as well as experiencing Finland. Iv done some research but am struggling on what to take in the way of clothes. Could anyone that either lives near Luosto or Lapland advise please, or anyone else that has also visited at that time of year. I dont want to take really cold clothes and then find its not cold but at the same time Iv seen that it can snow mid october so I dont want to be cold either! Help please!!

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lapland Luosto in October

During the day I wouldn't expect much - if any - minus temperatures in mid October, but it will be around zero. Moderate rain and strong wind possible. You will be ok with some wind- and waterproof, rubber- or goretex (or equivalent) boots and a baselayer. Unless really unlucky no need for winter clothing yet. And if you go hiking, walking will keep you warm anyway.

If someone could tell what "kuoriasu" is in English, then that is what you need. Translator gives me "shell clothing" but somehow that doesn't have the same meaning as "kuoriasu". Or maybe it is, I dont know... Well, something like this: eratukku.fi/ulkoilu/vaatteet/ulkoilupuvut/ce…

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lapland Luosto in October

PasiRoi, thank you for your very helpful reply, I think from the picture its what we would call a waterproof/windproof jacket. So Im thinking it'll be like a uk average mid winters day, that makes things a lot easier. Thanks again :-)

3. Re: Lapland Luosto in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:17