We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

sydney
3 posts
Save Topic
How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

How cold does it actually gets in january in this region call rovaniemi ? Im only guesing from what ive only heard recently in forums it be -20c is this correct or is it much less then that in minus degress ?

What are the actual chance of seen lots of snow completed all over the roads and fields ? is it alot or less then december perhaps ?

I saw a video of rovaniemi on youtube.. it looks like snow has been filed all over like pretty high snow all over from ground to upper leg.. I wonder if this is after january season ?

Is rovaniemi more popular in winter or more popular in summer like now? Who knows how cold it is now in rovaniemi but i dont see no snow when i saw the cams feeds live today.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

Just about as cold during the winter as in your freezer. Now it's the end of the summer and snow can be expected, but is not guaranteed, from Nov onwards. January for sure there will be snow so much that you need snowshoes to walk in forest.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

Most of the time it will be around -10C and -20C. It can get much colder, but cold fronts usually last only for a couple of days. Last January it varied from 0C early Jan to -30C at the end. Records are near -50C but that was some 13-14 years ago.

More snow than in December, but not much. I would say about 50 cm would be good. Depth will get near 1 m at the end of March. We don't get huge snow storms ever.

Summer used to be more popular, but nowadays it's winter.

No snow yet in Rovaniem... :) Not even a morning frost. Need to wait for some three months for the permanent snow cover.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

The OP is a troll -

tripadvisor.ca/…51348057

Edited: 04 September 2013, 12:23
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

Hi Sandkos, nice to see you again :o)

5. Re: How cold does it get in rovaniemi in december and january ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:16