We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Levi to Rovaniemi on Christmas

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Levi to Rovaniemi on Christmas

Hi! I decide to go to Rovaniemi from Levi on 25/12 morning this year but I cant find any direct bus or train on that day. Is it possible to go to Rovaniemi on that day?

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Levi to Rovaniemi on Christmas

Nope. It's the day that Finland is closed the other being Midsummer day. Only the main routes are served and Kittilä (Levi) - Rovaniemi isn't one of them... :)

It's either a rental car or changing the date to 24th or 26th. Or hitchhiking - you never know. There should be some holiday traffic still - going to their cabins or for some reason needing to visit the town.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Levi to Rovaniemi on Christmas

But check this: levi.fi/en/…weekly-programme-for-winter.html

Levi Weekly programmes has a visit to Santa Claus Village on Wednesdays. Isn't 25th Wednesday? I'd check the tourist info if they run that also on Christmas Day.

3. Re: Travel from Levi to Rovaniemi on Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 06:19