We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter clothes for Christmas

Which Rovaniemi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Winter clothes for Christmas

I come from Hong Kong which can be 20 degrees in winter. I plan to visit Rovaniemi during Christmas. I learnt it could be -30 degrees there. May I what clothes I need to buy and equipped to keep warm there? Is there clothes for rental there which can help me to stand the snow there?

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter clothes for Christmas

Good mittends, not gloves but mittens, good shoes that are also roomy enough for extra pair of socks and a thick hat. For outer layer a warm skiing jacket and skiing pants. A technical wear base layer.

Skiing gear is fine on street even if you don't go skiing. You don't stand out, as Finns like to dress practical too - especially in winter. If you are not doing any sweaty sports, dressing for winter isn't that difficult. A warm skiing jacket is fine from +5 to -30. You adjust the rest with with amount of base and mid layers. If it's much warmer otuside, mixing a skiing jacket with jeans is ok.

I wouldn't prepare for -30C and buy all the extra gear just in case. That one base layer and maybe a sweatshirt should get you going with most weather. If it's colder, then this is also Finland, and suitable winter gear is sold on every sports shop or bigger market. Also more selection than just those expensive high-end brands.

2. Re: Winter clothes for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19