We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

Cairns, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

I am trying to find any package tours ex UK that include accommodation at the Santa Claus Holiday Village in Rovaniemi. The only ones I can find all seem to stay at other hotels in the area, but not the village itself. Any ideas?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

I would not stay in the Santa Claus Holiday Village. The area is dead quiet and isolated (no public transport) after the Santa Claus Village closes. You'd be better off in one of the downtown hotels or cabins in the Ounasvaara area (there are package trips to these, I believe). You can easily visit the Santa Claus Village from town, but as said I'd not stay there.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

But they are quality cabins still - and quite popular. If you know where you are going, and you have other means of transportation than just relying on public connections, Santa Claus Holiday Village is a fine choice. They offer good service what I hear. Only about 10 minutes from the town center by car.

But before booking you should do some research to ensure, that the place and especially the location is right for you.

Cairns, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

Thanks for the advice. We are bringing our 2 children who will be aged 5 and 3, the main purpose of the holiday being to do/see as much Santa-based activities as possible; hence why we wanted to stay at Santa Claus Village. We would love to organise a visit from Santa to our cabin etc - I gather all of these things would be difficult/impossible if we were staying in Rovaniemi itself? Also from what I can gather we can still do reindeer, husky rides & other activities from the village - correct? And just to clarify - there is NO transport whatsoever to/from the village?

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

During daytime bus number 8 runs about once an hour. The stop is right in front of Santa Claus Village main building. In the evening you need to rely on a taxi (about 15-20 euros one way). Santa Claus Holiday Village also has free airport transport.

They are nice cabins, good service, and likely to get fully booked during Christmas time. Just that after the Village closes around 7 pm. there is not even a grocery within walking distance, except the restaurant and a gas station, so you need to prepare a bit.

While there dining at Santamus could be a great experience. The menu is a bit pricy but it's actually the whole musical evening programme (about 3 hours) that is included in the ticket.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

In the evenings there aren't any more Santa related activities available in the Santa Claus Holiday Village than the town centre or Ounasvaara. You can surely get a visit from Santa to your cabin also in the Ounasvaara. Plus you can travel there on a package trip if that's what you're after.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

Santa Claus Holiday Village lists private Santa visits as one of their services. I don't know many other accommodation options that do that - unless you are on a package tour. The also offer some affordable shorter husky, reindeer and snowmobile rides: www.santaclausholidayvillage.fi/winter-2/

With trees, all the lights and smooth Christmas music on the speakers (which goes 24/7) it definitely is more Christmassy at the Santa Claus Village than downtown Rovaniemi, but the place will close at 7 pm. After that you are free to walk outside of course. But there is not many activities on offer. An easy and illuminated ski trail leaves just behind the Village. A small sledding slope in the central square. Christmas House, which is a part ot the Holiday Village, has a small exhibition, restaurant etc. Open until 9 pm. And Santamus might have an open evening.

7. Re: Any package tours that stay at Santa Claus Holiday Village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:19