We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Christmas in Lapland

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
White Christmas in Lapland

Hi,

I am from Australia and looking at experiencing mine and wife's first white christmas probably not till end of 2015. Just hoping for some recommendation on whereabouts to stay in Lapland. We want to experience a traditional white christmas but also want things to do during the day and be somewhere we have a decent chance of seeing northern lights (very high on my bucket list but know its luck). Looking at approx 4-5 nights in Lapland over Xmas.

Any recommendations on which towns to stay, hotels and things to do would be great. Looking at probably more independent travel with more day yours. Probably can't do it this year but would like to plan early so can book as soon as available.

1. Re: White Christmas in Lapland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 14:05
Stranraer, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Christmas in Lapland

Hi, we went to Saariselka last December which was fantastic. As it is so far North there are better chances of snow that at more southern resorts. My only advice would be to go for longer than 4 nights if you can :)

3. Re: White Christmas in Lapland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:16