We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski season starting in October in Ruka

Which Kuusamo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ski season starting in October in Ruka

The first cross country ski tracks will be open in Ruka and Kuusamo in the middle of October, I learnt today! 10th October in Kuusamo centre and 23rd in Ruka. Apparently they stored 10,000 cubic meters of snow for each slope over the summer and they will be opening up 2x 2km long tracks.

The temperature has cooled off a lot here now (I live near Ruka) and there is talk of the downhill ski slopes being opened up early as well. As long as the nights are below freezing it is possible for them make snow for the slopes. I'm crossing my fingers for an early ski season :)

1. Re: Ski season starting in October in Ruka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Kuusamo
Recent Conversations