We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dirty Summercottage

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dirty Summercottage

As a Finn living IN ENGLAND I Trusted my country to come up with a good clean cottage to rent in summer 2012 . NOT SO. DO NOT RENT VIA www.mokit.fi The cottages are privately owned and the site owner does not check the them thus anybody can take a couple of nice pics and lie through their teeth. MY COTTAGE WAS ON THE SITE UNDER ID M607-1. We Calles it HEATH

ROBINSON COTTAGE. IT WAS VERY DIRTY, UNDER EQUIPPED AND A TOTAL DISASTER. BE WARNED. inpu

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dirty Summercottage

"The cottages are privately owned and the site owner does not check the them thus anybody can take a couple of nice pics and lie through their teeth."

An unfortunate incident. However most (if not all) of the booking sites have nothing to do with the properties, they merely run the web service.

So basically this could happen with any web site, the http://www.mökit.fi/ site is not necessarily worse than any other similar service.

Price often gives an indication of how the place has been maintained. If it is cheap, there may be a reason for that.

Edited: 21 January 2013, 17:15
Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dirty Summercottage

Maybe you could report the cottage to the company providing the webservice, too (to save others from a similar disappointment)?

According to the website Mökit.fi service is produced by: VS-Välitys Oy. You can find their contact info at http://www.vs-valitys.com/yhteystiedot .

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dirty Summercottage

thanx for your reply. at £520/week it was not cheap, just nasty.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dirty Summercottage

thanx for your reply. have contacted vs-valitys, but they can't help, they said.

Rovaniemi, Finland
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dirty Summercottage

To be honest not much they can or are obliged to do, if you make a complaint six months after your stay.

Our consumer protection laws are quite good for the consumer, but they also give some procetion for the seller. If you find a defect in a product or service, you should make a claim without any unnecessary delay or at most within two months from the moment you noticed the defect.

And for the future always best to contact the owner or dealer immediately. Then you given them an opportunity to fix the problem. I bet what you most wanted was a clean an well-equipped cabin and not a small refund months after your trip?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dirty Summercottage

thanx 4 your reply.

i did all the things you suggested...nothing!

don't want this to happen to any more visitors to my country.

luck would have it that my english friends have a good sense of humour, and instead of crying we laughed, and cleaned and cleaned!! a family with children would not have been amused.

ei hyva suomi vaan huoino suomi kokemus.

7. Re: Dirty Summercottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2016, 19:17