We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Helsinki

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in Helsinki

I will be in Helsinki on 27 and 28th December before leaving for Invalo, any recommendations for nice hotels? We are after something quiet - also will anything be opened during that time of the Christmas season? Not really into bar scene...

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Check e.g. Scandic Hotel Simonkenttä or Scandic Hotel Marski. They are very central yet peaceful hotels (no nightclubs etc. in the premises). My personal favourite of hotels in Helsinki is Simonkenttä. Both are good 4* hotels. Simonkenttä is right above the Kamppi shopping mall with an indoor lift access to the mall. Scandic Hotel Marski is on Mannerheimintie opposite the Stockmann Department Store.

Both dates of your stay will be normal working days in Finland - although rather quiet due to Christmas holidays - but the sales period will start on the 27th of December.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Thank you very much, great information to follow.... cheers

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Depending on your budget, You might also like Hotel Glo, which is also very centrally located. It is a bit expensive, but worth every Euro.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
355 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Many of my business associates have raved about hotel Haven, located centrally.

I have only been to their lobby bar, which is very nice, peaceful upscale place to enjoy cocktails.

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
64 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Haven is very expensive but also very nice. Swedish crown princess Victoria stayed there during their Helsinki visit at this week.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
725 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Any ideas abour Hilton Strand? Location, possible to walk to the city centre?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Hilton Strand is in Hakaniemi, so location not very central. From Hakaniemi it is two metro stops to the Central Railway Station, distance is about 1-1.5 km depending where you are going in downtown.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Hilton is OK if you have a specific reason to stay there (HHonors). Otherwise it's a bit far from the attractions and the neighborhood is a bit rough, men living under the bridges etc. The Slussen of Helsinki.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
725 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Main resdon for travelling is to get enough stats compeated to stay at My Hhonor level. How do i get there easiest from The AirPort with public transport?

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
64 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in Helsinki

Take bus nr 615 to Helsinki. There's a bus stop at Hakaniemi Square, where you have to go about 500 meters by foot.