We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
819 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

I made a Helsinki 40 Sights video. A quick recap in 4:30 minutes. See the best of Helsinki!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsqzcAZzJx8

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

Very nice! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

Thank you .. V nice indeed

Forest Hills, New...
Level Contributor
371 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

Although you listed Mannerheim's statue, a tour of his home was one of my top 10 Helsinki highlights and I didn't see it included. (I would also include his grave as a highlight.)

You listed several statues, and one that I think you missed is the statue of the three naked blacksmiths, near Stockmann (although you did include Stockmann).

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

What a nice potpourri of Helsinki.

Mannerheim Museum in Kaivopuisto is an interesting place to visit. Unfortunately it has very limited opening hours. I would also recommend Urho Kekkonen Museum next to Seurasaari, but the building is now under construction.

If you want a nice walk in the park, the Hietaniemi Cemetary is nice with all the graves of the eminent Finns.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

Thanks for a comment, JamieNYC (and polarbear). The Mannerheim Statue is beside Kiasma in the city centre. It's a bit more famous than Three Smiths' Statue: all the Finns know the Mannerheim Equestrian Statue but mainly only Helsinki citizens or frequent visitors know Smiths well. In the video I have "Three Smiths' Square" at 3:24 and if you look closer to the down right corner you see the statue.

The circulating Stockmann Clock above the main entrance is very famous: everyone is planning a rendezvous there. So on the hour you can see people gathering there and watching their own watches when waiting for somebody to come. On the square corner there is The Old Student House which is called Vanha ("Old") (Vanha ylioppilastalo). It's also strangely a very famous landmark.

6. Re: My Helsinki 40 Sights video - Quick Recap with Titles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 05:19