We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gala hotels site

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
gala hotels site

has anyone used this site ? I have found a deal here that seems to be good to be true.....

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,270 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gala hotels site

It's been widely discussed: www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php…

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gala hotels site

Thankks for the reply however still confused even after reading the posts on fraudwatchers, think I might give it a miss!

Heart of England
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gala hotels site

I know this is an old thread but I just used Gala Hotels and found them excellent.

I booked via them by accident as I thought I was booking on line directly with the hotel -the hotel has had several name changes; City Inn Westminster, The Mint, and now Hilton Doubletree so I didn't think anything was amiss when it appeared to now be 'Gala Hotels'.

After initial concern when I realised I'd actually booked through an Agency based in Turkey , I quickly checked the forums. I then called Gala direct to find they are very nice responsive people and explained the booking system they use.

They reserve a whole block of rooms with your chosen hotel and your name is not visible on the hotel register until the week of your stay when the rooms are released.

The system worked perfectly and I got two rooms for one night inc breakfast at a superb hotel at a price much cheaper than Hiltons own rates.

I will definitely use Gala Again

Hope this helps

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: gala hotels site

I have just used Gala hotels website, although i thought i was going to the hotels main website .. this was not the case but most hotel booking websites use this trick on google. I read the reviews on fraudwatch after I booked so I was worried, a day later I phoned the hotel to check on my booking and everything was completely fine. I stayed at Jurys Inn in Liverpool Albert dock, hotel was lovely, staff where friendly and they even let use chose the room we wanted.. high up and looking over Albert dock. I got such a good deal on this hotel and I would use Gala hotels again (just making sure I check the booking before hand just to be safe!)

Hope this helps

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gala hotels site

Had a bad experience with this site. Tried to book into the Premier Inn Heathrow Bath Road and they got all the details wrong. They are based in Turkey and seem impossible to get hold of at short notice. They didn't even respond until AFTER our booking date!

Fortunately the people at Premier Inn (a v nice hotel by the way) sorted out the mess when we arrived with our Gala voucher but we could have done without the problem. Avoid.

Peter Morton

Xemxija, Malta
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gala hotels site

I used Gala Hotels to book a one night stay for my family in Gozo. I booked a standard 4 room, as we have 2 children 11 and 7. Once the confirmation came it said standard room with 2 adults a 9 year old and a baby. I had never been asked to input the kids ages.

I emailed Gala hotels, who admitted the error and said they would try to arrange something with the hotel. I never heard a word. So on the morning of our departure i called them. They said they would call me back !!! Of course they didn't. We ended up paying the hotel direct for a self catering room. I emailed Gala and asked for a refund of the upgrade. All they are offering is vouchers to be used on our next Gala booking. Ha never going to happen.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
970 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gala hotels site

So confused.........everyone has had a completely different experience.

I wanted to book with them for a room next week as the deal is also too good to be true!

Yes? No? Maybe no is a better option.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gala hotels site

If it is too good to be true, it most likely is just that!

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,270 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gala hotels site

"too good to be true!"

Hmm, how many frauds would be avoided if people realized that once in a lifetime offers mostly are fake?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
970 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gala hotels site

Agree, not going to touch them!