We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helsinki port to town centre

Sale
Level Contributor
80 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
Helsinki port to town centre

I'm going to Tallinn at the end of June and I want to take the ferry across to Helsinki whilst I am there. Is is far from the ferry terminal to the centre of the city and what is the easiest/cheapest way to get there?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helsinki port to town centre

Depends on which ferry you travel on. Linda Line and Viking terminals are handiest at the Helsinki end, both are within walking distance of the centre. Eckerö and Tallink require a bus ride. There is very little difference in terms of convenience of access for the ports in Tallinn

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
824 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helsinki port to town centre

It depends which ferry operator you take. Tallink might be the most popular; it arrives at West Harbour which is about 2,5 km from the city centre. You can take a bus which operate regularly and when the ships arrive. The bus arrive to Central Railway Station. The bus nr is 15A.

hsl.fi/FI/…Lansisatama.aspx

Linda Line and Viking line arrive to Southern Harbour around Kauppatori Market Place which is one of the main tourist points.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helsinki port to town centre

I'd recommend Linda Line. It's fast and conveniently situated almost next to the Market Place in Helsinki. Also the vessels are smaller which means less crowds in boarding the ship.

Only drawback is that when waves exceed 3m it is likely that the vessels won't operate. Not likely to happen in the middle of the summer.

Sale
Level Contributor
80 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helsinki port to town centre

Thank for the information, everyone.

I'll check Linde Line prices and take it from there.

BC
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helsinki port to town centre

check out laevapiletid.ee for prices on Linda line. They were selling at a discount, but only until the end of June, when I booked a couple of weeks ago.

6. Re: Helsinki port to town centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 05:18