We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to St Petersburg & Hotels

London, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Train to St Petersburg & Hotels

I will be visiting Helsinki in April 2012. I cannot book my train to St Peteresburg until 60 days before travelling. Would you recommend booking hotels now and then train later or would it be better to book hotel after train?

Could anybody recommend a good hotel in the centre of Helsinki, maybe with a pool, not hugely expensive, not cheapo?

Thanks

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to St Petersburg & Hotels

Concerning hotels, why not read the reviews on this site at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g189934-Helsinki_Sout…

Your train related question was already answered on your other thread: write the mentioned email.

Kifissia, Greece
Level Contributor
17 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to St Petersburg & Hotels

I think you should book your train tickets first (and take care of your visa).

A good hotel is Sokos Hotel Presidentti. It has a pool and the single room should be around 80 Euros per night (depends from which website you book it!)

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to St Petersburg & Hotels

i'd certainly book my hotel in St Pete well in advance and why not for Helsinki too. For most of the hotels you can make a cancellable booking if for some reason you'd need to make new arrangements.

If you book your train tickets 60 days in advance, there always is availability.

4. Re: Train to St Petersburg & Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 22:20