We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Service Provider for Iphone

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Service Provider for Iphone

HI there,

Does anyone know a good service provider for an Iphone? I will be in Finland for three weeks in Jan/ Feb of which one week I will not use the Iphone.

I would be using the data and phone a bit I think as I arrange tours, look up time tables, do emails etc.

Zed

Kerava, Finland
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Service Provider for Iphone

Hi!

See my earlier answer regarding prepaid mobile phone subscriptions in Finland.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189934-i444-k3229…

The special offer for Saunalahti phone card is currently on once again at R-kioski. The starter pack costs 5,90 e.

Perpignan, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Service Provider for Iphone

I have recently been in Finland and found it easier to use my home roaming but I live in Europe . Data with a Blackberry is virtually impossible in Nokia Land, but other phones no problems, As AA finn has said use Saunaluhti, As you have an Unlocked phone coming from Australia, it may be easier if you but a Sim card in the country of your first port of call in Europe.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Service Provider for Iphone

No sense in putting in the sim from the first point of entry in Europe if the majority of time you will be using your phone will be in Finland. Phone tariffs in Finland are among the cheapest in the whole world, whereas even intra EU roaming charges are likely to be almost 10 times higher than the Finnish "domestic" charges...

You can find most of roaming charges at …europa.eu/information_society/…index_en.htm . In these charts Saunalahti falls under Elisa. Especially data roaming is horrendously expensive, so for data connections you should always use local providers' sim cards.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,568 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Service Provider for Iphone

If you plan to use the Internet (mobile broadband), it may be wise to get a data transfer pack. For Saunalahti Prepaid Plus an unlimited pack for 7 days costs € 6,90, otherwise max € 1,90 per day.

5. Re: Service Provider for Iphone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2012, 06:18