We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does my Helsinki itinerary sound?

Montville, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How does my Helsinki itinerary sound?

We will be taking a Baltic Cruise in May. Planning on spending the day in Helsinki. How does our itinerary sound?

Senate Square

Lutheran Church

Uspenski Cathedral

Tram 3B to Church in the Rock

Back to the center of town to walk the Esplanade,lunch in Cafe Kappeli and visit market square.

Shuttle back to cruise ship

Would this be doable in five or six hours or should we skip sight/s?

Thank you

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
10 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does my Helsinki itinerary sound?

Depends on how long you want to spend at the churches. Uspenski Cathedral, Lutheran Church and Senate Square are close to each other.

It is less than 3 km from Uspenski Cathedral to Church in the rock.

Esplanade, Kappeli, Market square are right next to Senate square.

I think your itinerary sounds fine. If you finish with the churches early you will be in a good position to just look around the city center.

I am not sure if you really mean 3B, that tram will get you there eventually but will take a while as it goes around half the city before reaching the Church in the rock. 3T is much faster. Check Helsinki Region Transport Journey Planner for more info:

http://www.hsl.fi/EN/Pages/default.aspx

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does my Helsinki itinerary sound?

Your itinerary looks fine to me. You could well manage a little more. Perhaps you might consider one of the several sightseeing boats leaving from the market square shore. At least one of these serves food, and this way you could use your lunch time for additional sightseeing without stress. It would be a pity to visit Helsinki without at least a glimpse of the Suomenlinna island fortress.

3. Re: How does my Helsinki itinerary sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:40