We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Just got back from our trip to Scandinavia. We only had one day in Helsinki. It is a very pretty city. I wanted to share that we took a tour with Paulo Tours which was recommended by many on tripadvisor. It was a great recommendation. Paulo greeted us at our hotel and then took us to all the highligts of Helsinki. Along the way he shared a great deal of history about the country and the city. He was personable, reasonabley priced and we enjoyed our time with him. If anyone wants to ask questions about Paulo just let me know.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Thank you fr the report!

May I ask what sights you saw?

Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

We visited the Senate House, the court house, an Orthodox Russian Church, the Rock Church (very cool) a sculputre park, the market area, and then took a canal tour which was included in the price. Paulo also stored our suitcases so we didn't have to return to the hotel.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

Did you have a meal anywhere special?

Perhaps a Finnish beer somewhere?

Did you visit the markets area?

Just looking for insights for our visit in Sept.

Thanks

Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

We had breakfast at the hotel, lunch at the market and dinner on board our ship headed for Stockholm so I don't have any eating suggestions nor beer suggestions. We did go to the market area. It is smaller than the other city markets but we found all types of foods and souviner items. Helsinki is fairly small relative to the other captials of the Nordic countries. Have a great trip.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

"Helsinki is fairly small relative to the other captials of the Nordic countries."

For a tourists' point of view, Stockholm is bigger, Copenhagen and Oslo about the same size, Reykjavik is definitely smaller.

6. Re: Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:17