We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Ipod in taxi. Need help translating an ans. machine

san francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Ipod in taxi. Need help translating an ans. machine

Hello-

Hoping a local Helsinki person can help me out. I lost my ipod in a taxi and am having a hard time getting a hold of the company. I'm calling a number on the receipt, but i get a message in Finnish. Can someone please call the number and help me translate it? No one picks up, so I'm not sure how to call the taxi company's lost and found.

The number is 358 0500 207 477. Can someone please call the number and tell me what the message says? Thanks much in advance for your help!!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Ipod in taxi. Need help translating an ans. machine

Hello there,

I just telephone the number you gave, it belongs to a taxi driver. Apparently you had used this particular taxi from the airport. I explained your situation, and he answered that no ipod was left in his taxi.

He does not speak any English but asked if you can call the number around 8pm in the evening, when his colleague can speak with you in English.

Hope this helps. good luck!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Ipod in taxi. Need help translating an ans. machine

Morocco how nice are you for doing that :D

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Ipod in taxi. Need help translating an ans. machine

Welcome! Please phone them again around 8pm, otherwise try perhaps tomorrow, if not lucky.

There is a Lost Property place in Helsinki, but you will never get through by phone to them (have tried for myself days on end).

Is there any other place where you could have lost/misplaced your ipod? Airport?

san francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Ipod in taxi. Need help translating an ans. machine

Morroco-

Thank you so much for your assistance. I was actually able to call the lost and found at the Helsinki airport and with some sheer luck, someone found it on my plane and turned it in!

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks again...