We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Vaasa from Helsinki

Kathmandu, null...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Vaasa from Helsinki

I need to travel from Helsinki to Vaasa up coming September sixth. I will land around eleven AM in Helsinki. I would like to have some information about getting buses heading for Vaasa.

Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Vaasa from Helsinki

I recommend you to take a train for the journey, for timetables for trains see www.vr.fi/en/indez.html

For timetables of long distance buses, see http://matkahuolto.fi/en/

Any bus option will be hours slower than the train

Kathmandu, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Vaasa from Helsinki

Thanks for the information.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Vaasa from Helsinki

If you choose to take the train and the schedules match, you can save some time and money by catching the long-distance train to Vaasa from the Tikkurila station which is closer to the airport than downtown Helsinki vr.fi/en/…tikkurilan_jatkoyhteydet_3.html .

The local bus 61 terminating at the Tikkurila station has a terminus at the airport. You have to pay cash for the ticket and the bus driver probably will not be able to provide change for larger than 20 euro bills - I recently saw this happening in Helsinki. After 11am you will be able to buy the train ticket over the counter in the Tikkurila station, but the alternative is using your credit card in a vending machine inside or outside the station - unless some vandal has trashed the machine.

4. Re: Travelling to Vaasa from Helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:16