We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hosting and train

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
203 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hosting and train

Hello everybody! I'm intending to go to Helsinki soon, and would like to know the best place to stay in this city. Then how do I go to St. Petersburg by train? I would buy tickets for this trip internet, anyone knows a site that sells tickets at great prices? Thank you.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hosting and train

The best place to stay depends on your budget... The city centre is fairly small and walkable, there's no radical difference in location.

The only company to sell train tickets is the state monopoly VR www.vr.fi/en/index/matkakohteet/venaja_7.html

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hosting and train

The St Pete topic has been up here before. You can find info also by doing a search "Petersburg" in the older threads. It's the green box just above the topic list (if you're on the actual web site).

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
203 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hosting and train

You recommend me a neighborhood cozier, more restaurants, cafes and ...

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hosting and train

Well the Glo or Kämp are smack in the middle of the Esplanade / Aleksanterinkatu shopping / restaurant / cafe buzz. But 85% of Helsinki hotels and restaurants are within a 10 minute walking distance from there.

5. Re: Hosting and train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:18