We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

Hi everybody ,

I am planning to have a trip to Helsinki - Finland from Stockholm by a cruise/ferry with my friend (so total 2 persons).

the dates i am thinking somewhere in may 8-15 . can you suggest the nice and cheap cruise options for same , and also site seeing in Helsinki and nearby so will require some kind of accommodation for a day .

would be happy to get your preferable suggestions on the same .

Thanks .

Helsinki, Southern...
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

Hi,

I am food tour guide in Helsinki and of course I want to recommend our excellent food in Helsinki for you.

Ferries from Stockholm are operated by Tallink Silja and Viking Line of which first one is slightly more expensive. This doesn't apply always so check both companies.

Cheapest way to see Helsinki is to buy public transportation ticket that is valid for your stay, you can buy it from tourist information that is at city center on the way from the piers. Tram 3T/B takes you to city sightseeing.

If you want to explore city by foot download free citynomadi mobile application to your phone. It has GPS navigation and you can avoid roaming expencies by using free WiFi in city. Citynomadi has different routes like food, shopping and design.

We have also nice vegetarian food in Helsinki, please let me know if you want restaurant hints for veggies. They might be difficult to find for non Finnish speaking.

br, Tanja - good taster

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

For offers on cruises from Stockholm to Helsinki you should check on the shipping companies' Swedish pages. The last minute and special offers are usually not listed in the companies' international pages.

Viking Line: vikingline.se/sv/… (current booking codes for special offers are SKRES or SKKAMPI)

Silja Line (a brand of Tallink Silja): tallinksilja.com/sv/web/se/erbjudanden-till-… .

Both companies' booking engines should give you the lowest available prices irrespective of the language, but you may have to use the booking codes.

For accommodation the best option might be to utilise the hotel packages of the shipping companies. They'll include the cruise and one (or more) nights in a hotel in Helsinki.

Viking Line: …vikingline.com/en/…

Silja Line: tallinksilja.com/en/…helHotels.htm .

Silja's ships on the Stockholm - Helsinki route are somewhat fancier than those of Viking.

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

hi ,

thanks for your reply and yes surely i would like to know vegetarian food restaurant provided they are really good .

it will be nice if you suggest some good location to visit by walk nearby .

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

Tanja K

Our family will be visiting Helsinki and we are vegetarians. Could you pls help me with names of vegetarian outlets.

thanks

Helsinki, Southern...
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

Most of the places serve one vegetarian lunch dish with very reasonable price.

Recently I have visited and I can recommend:

Mille Mozzarelle, small restaurant and shop at Punavuori district http://millemozzarelle.fi/mille/ lunch ~10 euros

Eat & Joy Market Hall at Kluuvi, city center armasperhe.com/pikaruokala/helsinki-keskusta/ Healty fast food from Finnish nature, lunch ~6-7 euros

Vegatarian restaurant Zucchini http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/eat/zucchini lunch ~10 euros

Unfortunately first two places have only website in Finnish and last one no web page at all. However, these are the places where we Finns go to get good lunch. At Visit Helsinki's link there is also other restaurants listed (link above)

For me especially Mille Mozzarelle was great place, not too many tables and EXCELLENT food.

Tasty rgds, Tanja

6. Re: Stockholm to Helsinki by ferry/cruise and 1 day in helsinkii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 05:16