We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rsa
australia
Level Contributor
777 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

Hi,

We are. Planning to stay 4 or 5 nights in Helsinki from the 11th of July and would like to go outside the city for a couple of nights.

Where could we go and where could we stay, visit etc. budget per night is 120 euros. Guesthouse Farmstay would be ok too.

Looking at as all village, or just staying some where to take in the natural beauty of Norway.

Prepared to travel 2 to 3 hours by train or 1 hour flight. Trip by ferry to Island would be great too.

Looking forward to any ideas

Thanks

RSA

Edited: 05 April 2013, 14:12
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,090 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

"Looking at as all village, or just staying some where to take in the natural beauty of Norway."

Looking for something in Finland or Norway?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

You can take a ferry (Silja Line or Viking Line) from Helsinki to Åland Islands (or a train from Helsinki to Turku Harbour and a ferry from there). It will be the peak season, so you should make all bookings early enough.

Helsinki, Southern...
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

Hi,

I make food tours in Helsinki, and I travel occatinally for benchmarking.

First of all, go outside at the beginning of the stay as Tall Ship Race is in Helsinki 17-20.7. Biggest event next summer in Finland.

Summer time I recommend Hanko and Kotka, small cities by the sea. Nearby Helsinki is Porvoo. but I wouldn't spend a night in there.

Inland I really recommend Jyväskylä, and especially small boutique Hotel Yöpuu - I love their small producers breakfast and unique rooms.

Summertime in Finland is vivid, we have a lot of happenings and if I would be you I would find places to stay where the festivals are. Or you can just enjoy the peacefull nature in mökki (log house in Finnish), sauna and BBQ like we Finns do.

Vantaa, Finland
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

Here is something for your family

http://www.tukkila.fi/en.html

about half an hour drive from Helsinki

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
777 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

Hello,

Thank you so much for your replies. Will do some research on recommendations.

Yes I made a mistake and typed in Norway instead of Finland.Sorry.

Thanks

RSA

6. Re: Where to go for a 2 night stay outside Helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:17