We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denton
Level Contributor
352 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

We are two senior ladies who are looking for an inexpensive hotel for two nights in Aug. We would like to keep the cost to under $100/nt and are considering one of the Omena Hotels (there are 3 in Helsinki).

Which one is most convenient to the Old Town? If anyone can recommend other hotels in our price range, I would be appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Sandy (in Denton)

Europe
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

The one in Yrjönkatu will be the most convenience, just minutes walk to anywhere in downtown.

PS: Helsinki does not have old town in the classic way, but still it is lovely city to spend a holiday.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,102 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

It really doesn't matter which of them you pick. Yrjönkatu is the most central, but the other 2 are just 5 mins walk further away. The one in Eerikinkatu is in front of a small park, so you'll have a chance of a green view from there.

If you are coming during the 1st part of Aug, you'll find practically all major chain hotels to have a better summer price. Check eg Scandic, Sokos and Restel hotels. Their summer prices are about the announced if not out quite yet.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 07:38
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Omena is a no frills hotel chain and as such tends to attract a party crowd. I would recommend looking at any of the chains recommended by polarbear.

Helsinki,Finland
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Try (Hotel Finn),very central location,clean rooms and the same price range of the Omena hotels.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Hotel Finn is in the middle of what can only be described as bar centre. I would not recommend it for senior ladies. :)

Helsinki,Finland
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

To hennessyparadis, I can see that you are just critisizing what anybody else is recommending, do you have any recomendations of your own?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Yes, please re-read post #3.

At sub $100 the chain hotel recommendations are rather limited, though. Scandic Marski can sometimes be had at the 80€ range (rarely), Sokos Hotel Vaakuna or Sokos Hotel Helsinki might be had there abouts. And Radisson Blu (avoid Seaside) also has decent promos.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 17:00
Helsinki,Finland
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Seriously?Sokos hotel Vaakuna?its 200$ anight!so as Sokos hotel Helsinki..So i was right,you have nothing to recommend.LOL

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

Happy to read that from someone who has 11 posts and 2 reviews :)

Helsinki,Finland
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Omena Hotel in Helsinki?

That doesnt change the fact that you suggested a 200$ anight hotel to somebody who's budget is half of that..LOL