Like many people, my husband and I will be stopping in Helsinki on a cruise ship from 0900-1600. I have read many forums on TA and have gotten a lot of useful information. I have tried to ensure that I do not ask a question that has already been answered but sometimes it is just information overload! I could use a little help with the final planning stages of the trip....
We are docking in West Harbor (Melkki Quay). We will buy the 24-hour pass for transport. We are very young and can handle walking. We want to see the "major sites" and experience the local culture. Here is what we were thinking for the day:
1. Tram (6T) from terminal to Erottaja stop (beginning for Esplanande?)
2. Walk through Esplanande with detour through Design District to Kauppatori Market Square
3. Take ferry to Suomenlinna and Explore (1-2 hours?)
opens at 1000
4. Lunch at Old Market Hall
5. Explore Senate Square & Lutheran Cathedral (1 hour?)
(From this point it takes 45 minutes to get back to terminal)
7. Take 3T tram to Rock Church if time permits
Which I doubt there will be time for!
Is this itinerary doable in the time allotted and is there anything you would change? Thanks so much for your help!