We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Tallinn, help needed.

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Tallinn, help needed.

We are staying at Hellsten Hellsinki Parliament for our stay in the city for 4 days. I was hoping to make a day trip over to Tallinn. I was wondering where do we need to go to get the ferry for the trip? The cost of the ferry and also how will be get to ferry terminal? Also if there are timings posted anywhere so we know when to get there.

Also should we buy the tickets in advance or can we just get to the place and buy tickets same day.

Thanks for all the help.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Tallinn, help needed.

See the answer to the Helsinki forum Top Question "Which ferry should I take from Helsinki to Tallinn?" (Read the latest update in the thread.)

Walk-ins are possible and to be preferred, since sightseeing in Tallinn is not great fun if the weather is nasty. You should do the trip on the first day which has a good weather forecast. Not buying in advance allows you to do that, but buy a return ticket to be sure of seats on the ferry that you prefer.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Tallinn, help needed.

The ferries whack you with a 'service charge' if you buy your ticket on the spot, varying from €5 to €8.

The terminals for Linda and Viking are within an easy walk from the city centre, all others require a shortish tram ride.

Helsinki, Finland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Tallinn, help needed.

Hi! You can buy boat tickets to Tallinn from the Helsinki Expert Shop at the Railway Station. I suggest you go there and get all the info from one place!

4. Re: Trip to Tallinn, help needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17