We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

We are cruising the Regent Voyager to the Baltic, and we will be in Helsinki on Tuesday, June 6, docking at the Katajanka Terminal. We want to get to Market Square to take the ferry to Suomenlinna Fortress. What public transit do we take from this location to get to Market Square? Please provide specific details!!!

Thanks,

Shelley

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

"June 6"

WTF, you are hopelessly late or really premature.

Anyway walking is the best option. For details use Google Maps!!!

Helsinki
Level Contributor
465 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

June 6 will be a Tuesday next time in 2017.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

Tram 4 connects the Katajanokka peninsula where the terminal is. But walkin to & from the stops will add up to more walking than taking the wide pedestrian route from K to the Suomenlinna ferry pier.

For all transport routes you can refer to the Hki region Journey planner http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/

Tickets for the ferry & other HSL tickets can be bought at the ferry pier tix machine.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

The list of expected cruise ships does not have a ship by that name calling in Helsinki at least this summer. However, there is a ship called m/s Seven Seas Voager (which seems to be owned by the shipping company Regent Seven Seas Cruises) calling at Katajanokka quay on 6 August 2013. The same ship will be in Helsinki also 3 days earlier.

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

Okay . . . please don't shoot me. I made a simple mistake. We are on the Voyager on August 6, 2013. Since we are currently in the month of June, I was rushing to post my question and I made a simple mistake. That being said, thank you for the assistance, recommendations and links.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

Specific details are imprtant indeed ;)

Welcome to Helsinki <3

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

Oh, and I forgot that google maps knows the Helsinki public transport these days too.

Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

Thanks. That's good to know - we will definitely have our iPhones in hand, and google will travel with us everywhere!

Shelley

9. Re: Helsinki Tranportation- Katajankaa Terminal to Market Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:17