We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

I will stay in Scandic Continental Hotel and going for a Day cruise from Helsinki to Tallinn (Tallink Siljaline) on 27 June. I need to know, is there any public transportation from Scandic Continental Hotel to Helsinki West Harbour. ( I don't know the location of West Harbour)

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

check http://www.reittiopas.fi/ . Use Hesperian puisto as a starting point and Länsiterminaali as the destination. Basically you can take a tram to Lasipalatsi or Railway station and change there to tram 9 (or 6T). From Lasipalatsi stop you'll have to walk to the Railway station or Mikonkatu stop (ca 100 m). In the West Terminal (= Länsiterminaali) the stop is in front of the terminal.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Thanks a lot.

(1) what is the approximated taxi fare if I take a taxi directly from Scandic Continental Hotel to West Harbour.

(2)Will it be cost less if I take bus/tram to City Centre (please recommend the route) and then take a taxi directly to West Harbour.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Depending on the day, time and number of passengers about 15 - 20 euros.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

We took tram 9 from near the Hilton for 2 Euros each. We had luggage, but it was extremely easy to make the journey. I highly recommend using the tram. Save the money and use it to buy some of the great meals down by market square (We had Salmon, new potatoes, and vegetables and loved it!)

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Thanks a lot

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Thanks a lot

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Can I take Tram no. 8 directly from Saukonpaasi to Toolontori (West harbour). So that no need to transfer from bus to tram

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

Yes, good option. But the walk from the West terminal to the tram stop is a bit longer.

9. Re: Transportation to Tallink Siljaline -West Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16