We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram 9 from West Harbour? HOHO buses?

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
897 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Tram 9 from West Harbour? HOHO buses?

Hi

We are 2 adults arriving in Helsinki on RCI Brilliance of the seas this month and trying to find out how to get to the city centre. The ship will be docking in West Harbour.

Is Tram 9 from West Harbour terminal? I understand that therer are HOHO buses nearby, if so, where exactly from, cost, and are they worth taking?

Thanking you in advance.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram 9 from West Harbour? HOHO buses?

It depends if your ship really goes on the Jätkäsaari side of the West Harbour basin. From there you can take the tram 9 in front of the West Terminal. From the cruise ship quays it's about 500 m walk to the terminal. Ho-Ho buses do not go to this side of the harbour.

If the ship docks on the Hernesaari side of the harbour basin, you should take the bus 14 to Kamppi. From here you could also take the Ho-Ho bus. However, the local bus is much more frequent and cheaper (8€/day).

With the help of the search function you'll find more info both about the hop on hop off buses and local transport on this forum.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
897 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram 9 from West Harbour? HOHO buses?

Brilliance of the seas. How will I know when I get there on which side of the harbour I will be? Will the names be marked?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram 9 from West Harbour? HOHO buses?

Try looking for it here: portofhelsinki.fi/passengers/expected_cruise…

4. Re: Tram 9 from West Harbour? HOHO buses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:19