We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Tallinn during the marathon weekend 08SEP

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Tallinn during the marathon weekend 08SEP

I plan to go to Tallinn either on 08SEP or 09SEP and found that a marathon will be held in Tallinn on 08SEP.

Can you please advise whether the old town is part of the marathon route and should I avoid visiting there during this period.

Please also advise how much time I should plan to stay there in order I can book the return trip back to Helsinki.

Many thanks !!!

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Tallinn during the marathon weekend 08SEP

Have you heard of Google? By googling Tallinn marathon you come up with this: http://www.tallinnmarathon.ee/?id=70

The marathon route goes around the old town (outside) and to Pirita and back.

The 8th of September will also be a car free day in Tallinn, but this won't affect too much pedestrians - you can walk from the port to the old town. However, there may be a lot of passengers on the ships on this particular day, so you'd better book the crossings in advance.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Tallinn during the marathon weekend 08SEP

Re time, allow yourself as much as you can in Tallinn as it's an interesting city. Viking Lines' inexpensive day trips are only 4 hours or so, which is not enough for more than a quick stroll around part of the Old Town and lunch.

3. Re: Travelling to Tallinn during the marathon weekend 08SEP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 05:16