We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Finnair a nightmare?

HK
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is Finnair a nightmare?

I will visit Slovenia and Croatia next June by Finnair and will stop at Helsinki for one or two days on my way back to Hong Kong. But, there're so many negative reviews about Finnair. People say some economy seats have no recline. I don't recline back my seat too much since it could be quite annoying to the passenger sitting behind. But I don't want to be trapped for 9 hours in my seat on flight. Is Finnair so worse? Do I need to switch to other airlines? Dear Finns, please give me some advices!

Finland
Level Contributor
896 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

"It doesn't say much for Finnair that so many reviews here have had to be removed because of inappropriate postings!"

Well you can no longer see that all of them were from the same poster. I think this troll made about 30 posts on Helsinki forum and fortunately seems to have been banned from this site now. Her review did not say much more than "Finnair is s**t" :)

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,483 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

Yuke is right. One troll with an obsession does not make a pattern.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

Urmmm I really feel that your question is not a question...

Let say, Urm, if someone tell you the seats don't recline -

are you planning NOT going to Helsinki or upgrade to business class?

This kind of question (Is xxx airlines good or bad?) always pops up once in a while but then... a little pointless to me.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

Flew Finnair from Australia last year Hong kong to UK and return via Singapore. Not a problem will be flying with them again April 2014 to Europe. Have flown most airlines over the years, they are just fine, don't worry.

25. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:41
Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

The only totally non-reclining seats I've ever come across in Finnair's present fleet are those directly in front of an emergency exit. This, however, is not Finnair specific because due to safety reasons they are not allowed to recline to not to obstruct the passage to the emergency exits. Even the seats in the last rows and in front of a bulkhead recline at least to some extent.

27. Re: Is Finnair a nightmare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:17