We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helsinki midsummer day

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
helsinki midsummer day

Just go a free ticket to Europe (June 2014) and will be arriving at 9pm on June 20 and leaving late afternoon on June 21. Now I find out those days will be major holidays... what can I do in Helsinki the morning and afternoon of june 21st? Will I be able to find taxi to get back to airport (I have been told they are impossible to get) on the afternoon of saturday june 21? Any suggestions?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helsinki midsummer day

Taxis you'll probably find, they will be happy to see you. But shops will be closed, public transportation halted and very few people anywhere to be seen (Seurasaari has midsummer festival on Friday night). May be tricky to find place to eat.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helsinki midsummer day

The Finnair City Bus airport buses will be operating despite the holidays. At least this year it was operating according to the normal daily schedule (every 20 min).

3. Re: helsinki midsummer day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 13:16
4. Re: helsinki midsummer day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18