We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Helsinki port

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Helsinki port

Hi.

We're taking the ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn, leaving on thursday mid-day, and arriving quite early on sunday. Is there any good parking facilities nearby, which doesn't completely ruin us? Or is it better to park a bit outside the center of Helsinki, and take a taxi to the port?

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Helsinki port

There are several ports. If you leave from the West harbour, see portofhelsinki.fi/passengers/west_terminal

If taking the LInda Line from Makasiiniterminaali closer to the Market square, see portofhelsinki.fi/passengers/makasiini_termi…

I'm sorry, but I don't drive myself so can't tell any experiences what is advisable. There are not many free parking spots inside the centre anymore.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Helsinki port

Hi. It would be the West Terminal, but as I can se on the website, they only offer hourly parking, which would end up quite expensive. Perhaps the best option is parking outside of the city then? Possibly safer as well?

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Helsinki port

Then maybe this http://www.europark.fi/hki-ruoholahti/

It's less than a km from the terminal, a doable walk to tram 9 stop to harbour or not long by taxi (advisable if you are many).

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,571 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near Helsinki port

As far as I know, there's no free parking near West Harbor, i.e. Jätkäsaari. If you are coming from West (direction Hanko or Turku), I'd drive to Lauttasaari and leave my car there. Loads of free parking on the streets and freguent buses to the center and close to tram 9 stop. (Same ticket applies.)

5. Re: Parking near Helsinki port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 07:19