We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Railway Station to West Harbour Teminal

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Central Railway Station to West Harbour Teminal

Checked with Tallinn local tour, they advised that they will use Tallink. I would like to know

1. After get off from Helsinki Central Railway Station, I should take tram 9 or 15A bus be faster and easier to West Terminal - Tallink line ?

2. How long it will take for the above travel duration ? I will arrive Railway station at 9:32 am via VR train, and store my luggage, while the vessel will be departure at 10: 30 am

3. What is the exact name of the bus stop or tram stop to get on and off ?

4. Is usually VR on time ? ( I will take night express train from Kemi to Helsinki.

Thanks a lot.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Railway Station to West Harbour Teminal

1. The tram is your only option.

2. Twelve minutes.

3. You start from Rautatieasema (on Kaivokatu, smack in front of the station's FRONT door - don't go through the right or left exits) and the end point is Länsiterminaali; you'll know where to get off because you can see your ship and everyone else also alights here.

4. Yes, trains are rarely significantly late. However, you will be cutting it fine: check-in ends 20 minutes before departure, and according to the city transport service's route planner, you will arrive at the harbour only 30 minutes before sailing. You won't have time to dawdle or make mistakes, so be sure of your plans. Get ready to go immediately after the train leaves the previous station (Pasila), which is only 5 minutes before Helsinki. You could gain an extra few minutes by taking a taxi from the right side (as you arrive) of the station.

Edited: 25 November 2013, 11:11
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Railway Station to West Harbour Teminal

Oh, I am sorry that I write incorrectly, my train will arraive 8:32 am instead of 9:32 am, so I should have a little bit time. Thanks.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Railway Station to West Harbour Teminal

Oh, then you will be fine. Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Central Railway Station to West Harbour Teminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:18