We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

My trip to Finland had been reserved, I will stay in Helsinki for 3 days, details as following:

1) 1st day: arrived in Vantaa airport on 14:40pm & will take bus 615 to the hotel in downtown.

2) 2nd day: will travel in Helsinki by bus, tram & metro.

3) 3rd day: will take bus 154 from Kamppi to Espoo, and take bus 42 & bus 18 in Espoo, finally take bus 106K back to Helsinki.

4) 4th day: back to Vantaa airport on 7:30am to catch the flight to Ivalo to start the new trip in the arctic circle.

If the 3 days regional ticket can cover my intended schedule? It can be used on bus, tram & metro in Helsinki & Espoo, right?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

Yes, a 3 day regional ticket is enough since it is valid 72 hours from first use. The regional ticket is also valid on local trains (identified by letters) and the Suomenlinna public ferry.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

The regional ticket is fine. Just wondering your 3rd day itinerary. Is there a particular reason to tour that part of Espoo? Can't imagine any touristic highlights there.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

I'm Kimi Raikkonen's fans & would like to have a look at his hometown. :)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

Thanks for the clarification.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

That's a first :D It's a shame Espoo is famous for beeing a city without a city. It' doesn't have much of a centre. The Leppävaara area where he went to vocational school is a huge motorway & railroad junction with a mall. But why not. At least you'll get an idea how most of the Finns live: scattered in the woods & fields.

Mika Häkkinen has a sign in Vantaa, but Kimi is still waiting for one as far as I know.

http://www.visitespoo.fi/visitors_guide

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

Hi. Please could anyone tell me how much is a 3 day regional ticket for Helsinki?

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

https://www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares

24€ this year 2014

8. Re: Helsinki's 3 days regional ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 07:16