We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyards nearby

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Vineyards nearby

Hi There,

Does anybody know if there are any vineyards near by Lanouaille that we can visit and have lunch at?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,239 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Vineyards nearby

There are very few vineyards that have commercial tours-- usually you just see a sign that says "Vin à vendre" (wine for sale) or "Degustation" (tasting) Pull in and they'll give you a tasting and tell you about their wines (it's considered good behavior to buy a bottle or two -- it's a free tasting, after all....)

Even fewer have anything even resembling a snack bar, and I know of not a single one that has a restaurant or cafe (there's probably one somewhere, but the point is that it's basically just not done)

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Vineyards nearby

Meals at vineyards in France are not a common occurrence. You just stop, as Sunshine says, where you see a Dégustation sign, taste a few things, buy a bottle or two, and move on. I would actually venture to say that, in France, if there's a vineyard serving meals, they're not too serious about the wine.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,776 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Vineyards nearby

In all my long travels in France I have only come across one vineyard where wine production, restaurant and, as it happens, hotel, were all taken equally seriously and done well, and that was the Chateau de Pizay in the Beaujolais. There may well be a handful of others but I have never managed to identify them despite looking.

Reply to: Vineyards nearby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lanouaille
Recent Conversations