We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finnish women

Which Tampere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
phoenix
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
finnish women

three of us are coming from America. Hide your women and children. We plan on Helsinki for most of our trip but are going to end up in tampare for a couple of days. we are in our mid thirties.

we want to party and meet tampare women. where is the best place to go. we dont want paid women. How do you recommend we approach finnish women. We are used to aggressively approaching american women. will that work there? Are finnish women receptive to having drinks bought for them. What insults them the most. We are perfect gentlemen. thank you.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finnish women

Seduction as you know it does not exist in Finland. The women make up their minds in the first 5 seconds whether they dig you or not and nothing you can do will alter that perception. In other words, you may be a little pushy in starting a conversation, but if you get an unpromising response, it is NOT a show; give up and move on.

A drink may be appreciated or it may not. You need to be sensitive and pick up the signals.

Finally, a warning: Finnish women are highly addictive.

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finnish women

Tell them that they're almost as beautiful as Russian girls, this will be a great icebreaker.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: finnish women

NEVER refer them as russians.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: finnish women

http://www.hameensilta.fi/

Ok this might be one of the places you should check. As finnish man go drunk at early hours, this is where you go.

Forreigner, not drunk has everytime a good change to get ... u know

phoenix
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: finnish women

thanks for the reply's. that last place posted looks real nice but i dont read finnish very well. Is it just a bar?I have been to Finland in the past but it's been a while. One thing I did find was finnish men are very jealous and exhibit aggressive tendencies when drunk. They didnt like me moving in on any of "their" women.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: finnish women

Finnish women go out on the pull in pairs or gaggles, not with guys. Keep away from the ones with men.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: finnish women

That's a nightclub. You can dance. 30 smth people.

There are many places at Tampere. most of them are for young thou, 18-20 years of age.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: finnish women

Judging from the comments on this thread, Finnish girls have a lot in common with Irish girls.

Finland
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: finnish women

Will you be spending a weekend over at Tampere or do you plan to drop by on a week day? I would imagine there isn't much going on outside the weekend so you'd be better of spending those days at Helsinki.

Hämeensilta that was mentioned might offer traditional dance music, at least based on the acts they advertise and it might not be your cup of tea.

Lately, I've seen people queuing up to Gloria at Hämeenkatu 24 and Ilves Night Club at Hotel Ilves. There used to be a line outside Old Brick's but I'm not sure about it nowadays. You shouldn't feel too old at any of these places.

phoenix
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: finnish women

mabe it would be better to go to tampare for one night or two, weekend best?

I dont have much interest in tourist sites. Just good eateries and pubs/night life.

BTW I was refering to the aggressive nature of Finnish drunken men who had no women at their side. They felt like they owned all the women in the pub. Little do they know I'm related to Chuck Norris.