We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catch an Intercity train from Helsinki / helsinki airport

Which Tampere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
catch an Intercity train from Helsinki / helsinki airport

Hi friends can anyone please advise how do I catch an Intercity train 877 from Helsinki.How do I reach this bus stop from the airport ? can anyone please advise.

I have gone through the time table and it says that I need to go to Tikkurila from Helsinki airport whereas when i seen the departure of the train it statring point is Helsinki.

Please advise.thank you.Pushpa

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,536 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: catch an Intercity train from Helsinki / helsinki airport

The trains to Tampere start out from Helsinki, but they stop at Tikkurila which is located in the municipality of Vantaa, just as the Helsinki-Vantaa (HEL) airport itself. Your total travel time and cost from the airport will be a bit lower, if you travel only to the nearer Tikkurila station, instead of going all the way to downtown Helsinki.

The train search on http://www.vr.fi can provide you with the schedule for trips starting from Tikkurila, http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/ will let you figure out when you need to take the local bus 61 or 61V from the airport to catch your train. Use "Airport" and "Tikkurila railway station" as the origin and destination names.

You can buy the train ticket either from the VR web site, or from vending machines at the small Tikkurila station. These can be operated in English and will accept credit cards. Pay attention to the departure platform. You will probably need to haul your baggage up and down staircases to reach the correct platform.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catch an Intercity train from Helsinki / helsinki airport

The bus lines from the airport to Tikkurila are currently affected by a strike. This has continued for a week and there is no end in sight. If you are travelling in the next few days, you would be well advised to take bus 615 or the Finnair shuttle from the airport to Helsinki station or a taxi to Tikkurila.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,745 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: catch an Intercity train from Helsinki / helsinki airport

As you were. The strike's over as of tomorrow, Tuesday.

4. Re: catch an Intercity train from Helsinki / helsinki airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Tampere