We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Which Turku hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Hello everyone,

I am travelling in a group of 4 girls from Stockholm to Turku toward the end of August. We will fly into Stockholm Arlanda, arriving around 1pm. Is it quite simple to get to the ferry port from Arlanda, or is there a way anyone would recommend? We plan to take the overnight ferry sailing at 7.30 (Silja line) so we should have plenty of time.

Also, I wondered about the ferry booking. I have read in a couple of posts on here that booking through the Finnish site gives you cruise options which are cheaper than just a one-way ticket booked through the English language website. Is it possible to book a return cruise from Stockholm and get off the boat at Turku, or would they not allow that? Would one cabin (thinking A-class with a window) be ok for one night for the four of us with luggage or should we consider booking two cabins?

Thank you!

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Yes, you can jump ship on a cruise. I've often done it. You'd do better looking at the Swedish site as it's Sweden you're sailing from.

As for sharing a cabin, shipboard spaces are inevitably a bit cramped. Four-berth cabins mean two of you will get upper bunks - if you're OK with that, and with 4 people sharing a bathroom, the facilities are adequate.

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I've looked on the Swedish Tallink Silja website but can't seem to find the option for Stockholm-Turku. It doesn't show up when I select Stockholm as the departure port, even for a one way trip. But that helps a lot to know it's ok to leave the boat after the first half of the cruise - the Finnish website says 'Ei maihinnousua' which I think translates as 'no disembarcation' so I was worried. And I think we'll be ok in the room with 4 people, it sounds fine for one night.

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Hi, the English site appears to have limited information, but here is a link to the Finnish site for Stockholm-Turku tallinksilja.com/fi/web/fi/turku-tukholma.

At the top you can select which way you want to travel (mistä = from, minne = to). Try to translate the website with Google etc. and go from there. Compare the prices with cruises, they may be cheaper!

With a group of friends a cabin with four people + luggage is fine, just may not be most comfortable. Have fun.

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Thank you very much Yuke! Yes the Finnish site seems to work fine in Google translate. Thanks for the tip.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Do note that Turku=Åbo and Tukholma=Stockholm

Tak a look at Viking too www.vikingline.se/sv/sverige/destinationer/

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

This is the page for Stockholm - Turku (= Åbo in Swedish) evening cruises on TallinkSilja's Swedish website: tallinksilja.com/sv/web/se/galaxykryssning

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

I realised the cruise from Stockholm to Turku , it said no landing! I just bought it! I thought I would leave the boat after landing..

Anyone has experienced this? But it's the same boat as the one way to Turku, how come it said no landing.. But price is much cheap only $67 for B class cabin with cruise price .

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

I realised the cruise from Stockholm to Turku , it said no landing! I just bought it! I thought I would leave the boat after landing..

Anyone has experienced this? But it's the same boat as the one way to Turku, how come it said no landing.. But price is much cheap only $67 for B class cabin with cruise price .

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Just walk ashore. No one can stop you. This is a free country.

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry travel from Stockholm to Turku

Nobody checks in the disembarkation who has what kind of tickets/boarding cards. Just join the crowd heading towards the exits :-) .