We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Grayline and timing

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
285 reviews
Save Topic
Question on Grayline and timing

I plan to take Grayline to the hotel. Two questions.

Book online. it ask for a specific time and date. If I do miss the bus, can I take next bus even though I have a different time/date? Or is it better to book when there at the airport?

Second question. Re. timing. I know the travel time KEF to the main bus terminal is roughly 50 minutes. After that, take a minibus to the hostel. Here is where it gets confusing. Reviews and reports I read- some show half an hour. Others complain that it took them an extra hour to get to their hotel.

For planning purposes, how long should I budget for Main terminal to hostel?

Arriving via Wow at 1045 a.m. A checked bag.

Hostel at Skulagata rd. (Kex Hostel)

Many thanks (takk fyrir)

Mentioned in this post
Keflavik Intl Airport
Keflavik Intl Airport
Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland
Kex Hostel
Kex Hostel
896 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on Grayline and timing

If you are late booking can be used at another time. It only took me 15 minute from terminal to my hotel. Very efficient.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on Grayline and timing

We used Gray Line back in February for transfers and excursions and found them to be very punctual and efficient. They will accommodate you on the next bus if you don't make your appointed time. Better than FlyBus who sent us on a wild goose chase...

Mentioned in this post
Gray Line Iceland
Gray Line Iceland
4,837 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on Grayline and timing

Transfer times are dependent on which stop your hotel is along the route, and the number of stops the shuttle has to make.

Gray Line forgot about me, but they eventually did show up after hotel reception (Centerhotel Midgardur, highly recommend) gave them a call, and it's not as though I missed the bus because it left the terminal rather quickly. I will definitely use them again.

Flybus raised their hotel pickup prices, and I think they lowered it in the last week since that topic was brought up.

Edited: 24 March 2018, 00:46
Mentioned in this post
Gray Line Iceland
Gray Line Iceland
4,837 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Centerhotel Midgardur
Centerhotel Midgardur
1,304 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on Grayline and timing

Hi elninodorado. Thanks for your experience., Flybus is almost $10 more than Grayline. Given that both of them have similar ratings, I'd go for Grayline.

Reply to: Question on Grayline and timing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted