We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lava cave tour

Ramat Yishay, Israel
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lava cave tour

Hello,

We are going to Iceland this summer (August 2018) with 4 kids - ages 10-16.

We are looking for a nice tour, in a reasonable price and not too crouded...Preferably one of the caves that has also ice, anywhere around Iceland.

I saw tours in the lave tunnel near Rekjavik, but I guess that because of their vicinity to the capital they are very crouded.

Near Myvath lake - Lofthellir cave looks nice but the tour is very expensive (almost 1000$ for the family).

So - any recommendations?

Thanks a lot,

Michal

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
3 replies to this topic
Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
11,558 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lava cave tour

Raufarhólshellir or Víðgelmir. Both very nice, and not that far away.

Boston...
Level Contributor
19,943 posts
634 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lava cave tour

We liked this tour: https:/…

It's very close to the Into the Glacier tour that you'll see on the same page. There are no natural ice cave tours in summer, but the Into the Glacier tour is as close as you can get. The road the ItG tour is on also has spectacular glacier views so you'll see plenty of ice

Mentioned in this post
Into The Glacier
Into The Glacier
816 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
12,698 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lava cave tour

If you will be in the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, you can check out the Vatnshellir Cave ... it's the most affordable of all lava tube cave tours in Iceland - www.summitguides.is/vatnshellir-cave-op1r6

I've done that tour and simply loved it !! This is the review I posted about it, if you want to see it - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Reply to: Lava cave tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted