We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

We are visiting Iceland for the first time and wondering if anyone can suggest a good 4 days itenerary. From lax Our flight arrives at 4:20. Thinking of going to blue lagoon the day that we arrive and then check in at the hotel and possibly northern lights in evening

Day 2 Golden circle

Day 3 south coast tour(is it worth it)

Day 4 sleep in and walk around town before our flight leaves at 4pm.

Some people says go to blue lagoon at the last day but I feel like our day 4 will be just get up so early check out the hotel then blue lagoon and not be able to relax coz I’m thinking we might miss our flight

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance

We are staying in Centerhotel arnhvoll

5 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
25,241 posts
811 reviews
203 helpful votes
1. Re: 4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

Great itinerary.

Like with anything, "worth it" is a highly personal call.

Most folks love it. I'd suggest a minibus instead of Big Bus tours

Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
150 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: 4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

I'd be surprised if you could keep it together for a northern lights tour on the day you arrive. Given the jet lag, you are going to want to crash. I'd schedule it for the next day. Southern coast is DEFINITELY worth it! Enjoy your trip!

Washington
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
34 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: 4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

We did a northern lights tour our first night after an all-night flight and it worked out great (especially since the lights showed up!) With just a few days, you would want to maximize your chances and have a second shot at it if they don't happen the first night.

4. Re: 4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2018, 13:01

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
289 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: 4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary

I agree that the Golden Circle Tour, South Coast Tour and Northern Lights tour are all worth doing. I would also try to book the NL tour for your first night as you then get the chance to go again if you don't see them. I've done all 3 tours with Iceland Everywhere Tours (https://icelandeverywhere.is) and loved them! (In fact, I've taken 2 "older" friends to Iceland on 2 separate winter trips and used Iceland Everywhere both times.) AND you get a discount if you book more than one tour with them... which is very welcome with the high price of everything in Iceland! 😊

Reply to: 4 days Iceland trip this December itenerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted