We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle Tour

Tromso
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle Tour

Hello!

A colleague and I will be working in Reykjavik for one week, but have the weekend free to to touristy stuff (15-17. June). Everyone says the Blue Lagoon is a must, so we hope to go there on Friday afternoon. Is it far from Reykjavik? Are there buses going there, or do we need to go with a tour operator? How long will a stay there last?

I see one of the tour operators (Iceland Excursions, I think) offers a Golden Circle Evening Tour. Has anyone any experience with this tour? I was hoping to do some shopping (or window shopping at least) on Saturday, and then do the tour in the evening. Will it be worth it? The other alternative is to skip the shopping part, and do the day-tour instead. Which tour operator would you recommend?

GeoIceland Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Iceland Horizon
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Back to Iceland travel
Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Time Tours
Bus Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,056 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle Tour

There are other pools in Reykjavik.

There are buses to BL; it's about 40km from Reykjavik (I think - check its website). You don't need a tour operator. You can stay as long as you like. You get changed, go in the pool, wallow around, have some treatment; have a drink, relax, have a shower, enjoy a meal or snack, browse the shop, get back on the bus. (All activities optional). How long this takes is up to you and the bus schedule.

You could pop in to the BL on the way to the airport, leaving you more time for shopping, and tours. Yes, GC tour is probably worth it for seeing sights close to Reykjavik.

2. Re: Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 16:15