We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

Hi, Please can i ask, which UK airport/airline recently started selling substantially cheap flights to Reykjavik?

Greenwich
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

I think you are talking about EasyJet... flights just started arriving last week:

…easyjet.com/media/…09-11-2011-en

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

Thank you very much!!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

It's also worth noting that a new airline, WOW Air, will soon commence flights from several European destinations to Iceland.

http://wowair.com/en

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

Hiya checking out prices with both Easyjet and WOW for later in the year - Easyjet coming out cheapest - but you need to book well in advance.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,804 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

Have you checked Icelandair? depending when you are going they do some very good deals with hotel and/or car hire.

Easyjet is not always the cheapest when all their costs are included.

London
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

Iceland Express is pretty cheap when booked in advance... & you get a substantial chunk of cashback when using topcashback.com

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

I got a price of £100 (+ few pence) for return flights with luggage!!!

Agreed Icelandair packages are great value - I went on one last year, but as I live in Luton I've always got to consider Easyjet.

Also if you use some of the hotel booking websites you can save money - if I added same trips as I did last year - would have saved myself about £100 if I'd been able to use Easyjet then.

London, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

Flew WOW this past weekend from London to Iceland and it was great. One of the best flight experiences I've had and luggage was included (20kg) in the price so that helped too. Booking was straightforward (no crazy pre-ticked options and no sneaky additional fees). They have specials occasionally on Travelzoo but also through their website. Worth checking out.

9. Re: Which airline in UK gives cheapest flights to Iceland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:15