We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with itinerary

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with itinerary

I may be going to Iceland late August and have an idea of my itinerary.

Day 1 - Arrive and visit downtown Reykjavik

Day 2 - Golden Circle tour

Day 3 - Reykannes Peninsula and Blue Lagoon

Day 4 - 5 I am interested in the attractions on this website including Skaftafell National Park, Vik, and Landmanlauger

http://www.glennstevens.biz/iceland.htm

Day 6 - Open

Day 7 - Leave

I have a few questions.

1 - Am I missing anything that is considered can't miss?

2 - For the attractions on Day 4 - 5, is there a tour there or can I get a custom tour there or how much driving would it be?

3 - For the attractions on Day 4 - 5, what hiking is considered easy to moderate as opposed to strenous?

4 - Are there restaurants you can recommend near the Hilton which is likely where we would stay?

Thanks in advance.

travelus73

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with itinerary

Answers:

1) Yes, a lot. But it would take years to do it all.

2) It is possible to do this by bus, in four days, but I would recommend a private tour on days 4, 5, and 6. and cover Landmannalaugar, Skaftafell and the glacier lagoon, and the south coast. But you might find it difficult to find accommodation in the area of the south east, you might have to take what there is, even sleeping bag accommodation. The cost of the guide and his vehicle for three days is around $2000 + accommodation.

You can choose all levels in the area, when you get there.

Yes, few: Askur, Mulakaffi, Red chili, Potturinn og Pannan just to name few.

B-)

2. Re: Please help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17