We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

Hi, Hoping on visiting Reykjavik in May over a long weekend. I would like to know if it is really feasible to visit the hot springs and having a relaxing time plus enjoy the city with out it all being too rushed and a lot of traveling. I see that there is a 45 min bus ride from the airport to the city already, how much traveling time is there to the springs. Is there anything else you would recommend at that time of the year?

This is a birthday treat for my daughters 25th who wanted to go to a spa and I'm thinking of treating her to a surprise hot spring - but it does depend on cost as well...

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,951 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

What do you mean ,,visit the hot springs" ? Bathing or just seeing ?

http://icelandactivities.wordpress.com/

Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

Bathing - a day at the springs and a day sightseeing? I don't want to build a weekend were the travelling is so long that is the biggest part of the trip. So, really I guess I'm asking is it possible to do both easily or is it a bit of a trek?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,951 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

,,A day at the springs" I am not sure what ypou are referring to, there are hot springs all over Iceland. Landmannalaugar hot pool is not acessable in May, except maybe with a super jeep.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

Thanks I think I will give it a miss.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

A day at the springs is a bit vague.

Do you mean the Blue Lagoon??

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g608874-…

Edited: 06 March 2013, 14:17
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

"This is a birthday treat for my daughters 25th who wanted to go to a spa and I'm thinking of treating her to a surprise hot spring"

You are simply describing the Blue Lagoon. You can book her into a private spa with massages and a private lounge, or just massage, or just the basic entrance which includes access to the main lagoon and is what most people do. The Blue Lagoon is located just 20 minutes from the airport.

http://www.bluelagoon.com/

Edited: 06 March 2013, 18:21
Denver, Colorado
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

It would be very easy to spend time at the Blue Lagoon and see Reykjavik sights in a weekend trip. A half day at the Lagoon would probably do... would get a little boring all day.

8. Re: Is it possible to visit the hot springs in only 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 06:19