We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Iceland in August

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Iceland in August

Hello,

A friend and I are going to Iceland in August and will have 5 full days. We think we should see Reykjavik one day, then do the Golden Circle tour, and then tour the countryside for two days and arrive afternoon on the fifth day at the Blue Lagoon and stay overnight there, since our flight is early-ish the next morning and we would like to have a spa day. However, I am a bit flummoxed about where to drive around for the two and a half days as there are so many options. I would love suggestions - it seems like Snaefellsnes or the Vik area make most sense, but doesn't seem like we could do both. We are quite intrepid and can take in a lot quickly, but we're not really looking to do a ton of hiking or major outdoor activity. I would, however, love to see the puffins. Any advice appreciated!

Michelle

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
264 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Iceland in August

From what I know, the puffins would have left by then, but you could try the southern area near VIk, especially Dyrholaey, the timing restrictions would be gone by then (9am to 7pm currently). Also, you should not miss Jokulsarlon, around 160km from Vik. With 24 hours of daylight, you should be able to pack a lot in 2 days, imo.

If given a choice between Snaefellsness peninsula or Jokulsarlon, I would go to Vik and Jokulsarlon and you really don't want to miss Skogafoss, a very pretty waterfall close to Vik.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 22:35
2. Re: 5 days in Iceland in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 05:16