We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitoes

Newcastle
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitoes

I was wondering what the up todate info would be on the mosquito situation? I will be doing an all round the island trip from 19th July to 29th July. I was wondering if I need to buy a hat and net before I go :)

Many thanks

Shirley

1. Re: mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 15:15
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitoes

In Iceland there are sometimes, in some places, swarming midges but there are no mosquitoes whatsoever. They can been quite annoying around Mývatn (literally 'midge water') but the level fluctuates from nothing to mouthfuls, depending on their life cycles and weather. Some people claim they bite but I've been covered in them and not had a problem. You can buy insect repellent or nets if you feel the need.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitoes

Many thanks to you both :D

Kind regards

Shirley

4. Re: mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:18