We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland vs Scotland

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Iceland vs Scotland

Hi, I am going to either go to Iceland or Scotland in October. Both sound amazing but I can't choose.

I could borrow a car in Scotland so will not have to worry about hire prices.

Travelling as a group of 4.

Any insight will be welcomed.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
October
October
660 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

They are two completely different countries and you can't compare them.

Iceland is so different to anywhere else, so I vote for Iceland. However it is expensive so if you are on a tight budget go for Scotland.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

Oh, what a thrill :) Your subject's title just looks like there's gonna be a football match :))))

Anyway, come to both places. That's what I end up doing when I can't decide.

I think this match is going to end: Iceland 3 - Scotland 3

:)))

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

I have to agree with smudge99. Scotland is lovely and I enjoyed my time there very much but Iceland is in a different league. There is no comparing the two places. You really feel like you are on a different planet when in Iceland. And I would tell you the same thing if you were choosing between my country and Iceland, too!

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

With October being out of season in Iceland, I don't think Scotland will be that much cheaper anyway, though if you can borrow a car, that'll obviously help. Certainly Edinburgh is one of the most expensive UK cities, and prices are higher than you might expect in the highlands and islands. Myself, I'd go for Iceland (but that's possibly because I lived in Scotland for years, and I'm still only an hour or so away).

Mentioned in this post
October
October
660 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

Do both! We are! We're heading for the Scottish highlands in September and Iceland in October. We're renting a car in both places and can't wait!

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
6. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 13:25
Northfield, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

The answer is plain and simple:Iceland. (Although you probably get a different answer in the Scotland forum). Iceland has everything that Scotland has, nature-wise, and then some.

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
8. Re: Iceland vs Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:17